“Lack of Substance,” the name of this blog can best describe last night’s presidential “debate.” Unfortunately, I fear that many Americans felt violated after watching this televised event. It was closer to a WWF match, with name calling, disrespect, bullying, slander, and an overall lack of substance.
Chris Wallace asked pointed questions to both candidates, and the result was more often than not, answers which excluded substance. We were left not knowing the truth about:
- President Trump’s Federal tax returns. The New York Times said Trump paid $750 a year, Trump says he paid millions,
- The timetable for the Coronavirus vaccine. Trump claimed “weeks,” while Biden said that scientists are claiming that it will be generally available next summer,
- What Hunter Biden did to earn money in China and Ukraine, who paid him, and how much he received. What was then VP Biden’s role?
- How Biden feels about ending the Senate filibuster and packing the US Supreme Court,
- Who former VP Biden would nominate to the US Supreme Court,
- If Trump would condemn White Supremacists,
- What Antifa is or isn’t. Are they a terrorist group as Trump claims or a theory or ideology as Biden says?
- How Biden would address the growing violence in “Democrat” run cities like Chicago and Portland,
- How Biden would rebuild the economy,
- Would Biden’s health care plan be only for the “poor?”
- How Biden will work with “Socialist” Democrats like Sanders, Warren, AOC….
- How Biden’s plan and the New Green Deal differ?
- The safety and status of Mail in ballots.
After over ninety minutes of personal attacks, the American voter was left with few answers but a lot of insults. There was no winner in the debate, just three losers:
- Joe Biden
- Donald Trump
- The American people
The debate lived up to the name of this blog. It summarized the state of our government and diminished the hope that an election should bring for a sunnier future. It was nothing more than a Lack of Substance. May God have mercy on us.
Pic: Town and Country Magazine (.com)